Thursday, January 29, 2009

Because I am not computer savvy...

Blogspot, the service that hosts this blog, has recently changed its sign-in procedures, in conjunction with some sort of new alliance with Google. When they did this, I became unable to sign into my own blogs. It took me days to figure out the new system, which is why I haven't been able to post here (and in the Clockwork blog) for some time. Most sign in functions have hints built into the system to prompt those who've forgotten their account names or passwords. This one didn't. And since this one required far different account names and passwords than those I often use, I couldn't suss it out by trying all of the variations I typically use for such things.
        In any case, after spending frustrating hours jumping through all sorts of hoops and roadblocks, some glitch in their ultra-cryptic system finally redirected me to a page that was clearly designed for idiots like me to deal with their bold new ways. I have no idea how I ended up at that page, so deftly hidden as it was, in case I ever need to go through this process again. We'll see how it goes.

No comments: